Search This Blog

Sunday 2 December 2012

RESET Weblogic Password in OBIEE 11G


RESET Weblogic Password in OBIEE 11G


This is crazy. Recently I was loaded with lots of passwords in my new project and forgot my local web logic password :) .!

So get in to my OBI i had to reset my old weblogic password to a new password.

This steps is already there in lot of OTN posts, but thought of sharing this with you..


Step 1) If you have done a resent environment migration, make sure that your login error is not because of that. (USER GUID)

You can find the steps to refresh the USER GUID here

Step 2) Once you  have confirmed that you have actually forgot your web-logic password just like me :) then  go to your BOOT.PROPERTIES File in the following location

D:\FUSSION\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\AdminServer\security

AND rename the file to any other name (boot.properties_old)

Step 3) DONE.!! yes . Stop the admin server and restart it.

Step 4) While the server is starting up. You will be prompted for weblogic username and password. Enter your new password. and you are back online.!

No comments:

Post a Comment