Compare features in OBIEE 10g and 11g
Thanks for the support you provided for my Differences Between Oracle 10g and 11g and Differences between OBIEE 10g and 11g security models? post.Here I am posting the difference in features available in OBIEE 10g and OBIEE 11g.When we compare OBIEE 10g and OBIEE 11g, there is lot of enhancements in services provided by OBIEE 11g and some changes in terminology is also there in OBIEE 11g.
Some important points/enhancements in OBIEE 11g when compared to OBIEE 10g are listed below
- OBIEE 11g uses WebLogic Server as the application server as compared to Oracle AS or OC4J in OBIEE 10g.
- The clustering process in much easier and automated in OBIEE 11g.
- We can now model lookup tables in the repository.
- The new UI called Unified Framework now combines Answers, Dashboards, and Delivers.
- A new column called the hierarchical column in introduced.
- BI Publishers is fully and seamlessly integrated with OBIEE 11g.
- New time series functions PERIOD ROLLING and AGGREGATE AT are introduced.
- In OBIEE 11g we can create KPIs to represent business metrics.
- The aggregate persistence wizard creates indexes automatically.
- The session variables get initialized when they are actually used in OBIEE 11g unlike OBIEE 10g where they were initialized as soon as a user logs in.
- OBIEE 11g now supports Ragged (Unbalanced) and Skipped Hierarchy .
- You can also define Parent-Child hierarchy in OBIEE 11g as well.
- SELECT_PHYSICAL command is supported in OBIEE 11g.
In OBIEE 11g there are some changes in the terminology as well.